Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Songs speak my words

This really isn't a vent. I just didn't want all my followers on my personal blog reading this. I'm recently obsessed with this song for some reason. Specifically these lyrics:

There's a danger in loving somebody too much
And it's sad when you know it's your heart you can't trust
There's a reason why people don't stay where they are
Sometimes love just ain't enough.

Obviously you three know what comes to mind first, and that's still my biggest problem!
After my internal struggle about wanting to stay here so badly for summer term but knowing all along that I never really would decide to, this song makes me feel better about my decision. There's a reason why I HAVE to get away. I cannot stay here. Katie and Josh, I will miss you, really, but now I go to Oregon even happier than before, knowing that it's really what is healthiest for me.

There's a reason why people don't stay where they are.
The familiarity of this place is still too much. So after next week, I will just see you the end of August briefly, and then for good in January! Meanwhile, hopefully I can heal. Laura, here I come!

1 comment:

  1. Beautifully written Kellie. First off, I wanna know the name of that song! Poetic lyrics. But other than that, I think you're right. You need to get away. It will do you so much good. Let go of the past and be selfish for the next several months! :)

    ReplyDelete