Thursday, July 16, 2009

I'm so sorry

Has anyone ever loved something... or someone... so much that you find you're ruining it? You would do absolutely anything in the world to make things work, but it only causes problems? The real answer lies in doing less, not more? It lies in taking a step back, letting things happen as they do, and praying like there's no tomorrow that it'll all work out in the end? That's me.

I feel like a little child that has just stumbled upon a caterpillar's cocoon. Fascination tingling this child sits and watches as the cocoon parts and a butterfly starts to try and crawl out. Paralyzed with awe the child just watches, wanting to simply touch the metamorphosis that he doesn't understand. As the butterfly clears the cocoon the child is unable to retain himself any longer and attempts to pick up the fresh butterfly. Enchantment turns to consternation as he accidentally tears one of the unbelievably fragile wings. Tears stream down his face as he realizes if he had only waited a little longer he would not have destroyed the most beautiful thing he had ever seen.

May the world know, may my friends know, but most of all... may my butterfly know... Katie... I'm sorry. I love you too much. I try too hard. And sometimes.... I tear your wings. Forgive me. I was wrong yesterday. I don't know what came over me. Please forgive a child that is so in love he doesn't know how to act. I love you Katie.

No comments:

Post a Comment