Saturday, September 12, 2009

I WANT TO HURT SOMEONE!

I have not been this mad in a LONG time. I want to scream. Maybe I'm overreacting, but we've been planning this for over a WEEK! Two groups of us were going to leave for Tel Aviv at 8:30 to go to the beach and do shopping and stuff. We have a whole day off, so it was perfect. This morning though, three of us had to go get money changed because we were a little short. We waited 20 minutes (not exaggeration) for a girl to get ready to come. 20 minutes after our PLANNED meeting time. So we left a little after 8. I would have left without her to walk to the city but we have to go in threes.... so we had to wait. We walked to the city, I was trying to hurry but the other two were kinda just taking their time, saying the people would wait for us. We got to the money changers, changed our money to shekels, and I said we should take a taxi back because they're going to leave in about 2 minutes. They didn't want to pay the 1 dollar (also not an exaggeration) to pay for a taxi to cut out 15 minutes of walking, and it would be breaking the rules for me to take one alone. So we meandered back. Got there 15 minutes late. Then, we waited almost 10 minutes for her to get her stuff together that she obviously hadn't done before, before we could walk up the million and a half flights of stairs to the top of our Center and then out onto the street where our taxis should be. They were probably gone by the time we originally got to the center anyway. So we finally got up there, and guess what? Everyone had left us. They knew we were changing money but we just had to take almost an hour to do that and come back, which should have only taken 30 minutes and we would have been just fine. SO, I don't get to go to the beach with people I wanted to spend the day with, including a cute boy, and now I have to change out of my swimsuit and settle for staying in yet ANOTHER day this week studying all day long. I simply can't wait for that exciting adventure...

I shouldn't hold grudges but how inconsiderate do you get? I might not be able to talk to her for days. That's fine, she kinda ignores me anyway half the time.

4 comments:

  1. Boy, yeah, if there is one thing that really irks me over the wall it's inconsiderate people. I always try and be patient with em but every once in a while it's too much. I would have chewed this girl out if it had been me. Ha! Shoot, you remember what I was like on the Cali trip. I'm pushy and don't take crap. ;) Love ya Kellie!!!!!! You'll get your beach trip. Promise Hun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh kellie...
    i miss you a lot.
    i'm sorry about your beach trip! better luck next time? i'd be freaking ticked too...

    ReplyDelete
  3. duuuuude, i'd be so TICKED! I am definitely with you on I am the one hurrying to get things done and I HATE slow, rude, and cheapo (one dollar...seriously?!?) people! (okay, I'm cheapo but I would def pay a dollar to go back to get to the beach!)

    I miss you! Good luck with homework and enjoy the JC!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh man! that's so frustrating! I know how it's like when later you wish you would have been more stern, but in the moment, you are just trying to be nice and get along. I hope that you have another chance to go to the beach, though!! Is it weird having Sundays not be the Sabbath? I think that would be really interesting.

    ReplyDelete