Thursday, September 24, 2009

I hate job hunting. The end.

So...I've never been that great with computers. I have a love-hate relationship with them. Mostly hate.

I figured it was just my natural tendency to be old-fashioned...(or lazy?)

I mean, I can type like nobody's business...78wpm thank you very much. And am very capable of multi-tasking (i.e. homework plus blog surfing)

But do I have a "working knowledge" (whatever that means) of Excel?
Publisher? (more important question: do I even know what publisher is/does?)
HTML?
WP9? (????)

nope.

Therefore I am obsolete and unqualified for any jobs that don't involve the dreaded cafeteria of the freshman...those days are over.

Oh except one:
I could be a cake froster.
Yep, I can do that.
I think.
oh wait. it's from midnight to THREE in the morning!*


*I think I'll pass on the walking-home-late-at-night-and-getting-attacked part. If only I had a nice gentleman to walk me home...ha...ha...
(And this just turned into a rant about boys..wow. It's official: I blame all my problems in life on men. It's just easier that way.)

Maybe I'm picky.
Not! I'm not picky!
I wanted to be a waitress! but no one will hire me because I'm not 21 yet! (stupid utah)

GAHHHHH.....

1 comment:

  1. HEY! Don't forget that just because there's only one guy that reads this post that it's free game to blast us guys! :P

    Also, Laura, I bet you know half of the things on that list. Shoot, I could give you a Reader's Digest instruction on all of them and you'd be fit as a fiddle to say you had a "working knowledge." Besides, what does that even mean?! It's a "work in progress."

    ReplyDelete