Tuesday, May 12, 2009

FREE PIZZA!!!!! {in a high-volume, hoarse, and utterly obnoxious tone}

The restaurant I work for has a concessions trailer at the local community college, which I run on weekdays during lunch. We sell a few different items, our biggest seller being pizza by the slice.

When I was setting up today, I noticed that the student body campaign had started (I didn't even know they had those for community colleges...). One of the campaign reps for a particular candidate came up to me and announced that his campaign would be handing out free pizza during lunch time, and that they had gotten the college's approval.

He was very nice about it, and I wasn't upset with him.* It was just really frustrating that the college didn't realize how that type of thing affects our already-incredibly-slow lunchtime business.

Now this is what really got me in the mood to vent:

Because of the "free pizza campaign," I had almost a full pizza still in the warmer, waiting to be sold. Hawaiian--ham and pineapple, to be exact.

At one point, this woman comes by and asks if we have a different kind or if I could put one in the oven.**

What I said: I apologized and told her that because of the free pizza campaign, I haven't been selling hardly any, and since we were about an hour from closing, it isn't likely that I could sell it. Basically, sorry but this is the pizza we have right now.

She looks at me. Rolls her eyes. And says,

"Oh My Freak, FINE. I won't buy from you anyway."

And stomps off like a two-year-old who was just told they can't have another cookie.

For a minute, I felt bad.

What I really wanted to say (after the alleged tantrum): I'm SORRY but it's not worth wasting an entire pizza for the one slice that you will buy. We already barely break even out here every single day. Also, you look like you should probably be getting a salad instead.

People just think the world was created to please them, and everyone around them should do the same.

newsflash: Sometimes you DON'T get your way. And sometimes the other person is right. It's okay to be upset, but you don't have to be so rude.

-LC




*The candidate he was supporting, the alleged shouter of "FREE PIZZA," (whom some would classify as a "shim"), was slightly more annoying.

**Normally, this is a perfectly justified request because we usually sell plenty of pizza.

3 comments:

  1. LOL!!! Oh Laura, hang in there Honey. It's going to be alright! Ha ha! I'm really loving this Venting Blog. I get to read the funniest things from you girls and the ways you think. So funny and always "spot on."

    PS. You should have just told her that anyway! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOLOLOLLLLLL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I just saw that you labeled this one as "estrogen." I LITERALLY "laughed-out-loud." HARD!

    ReplyDelete
  3. haha, yeah that one was for you ;). don't think that just because we are women, we don't get annoyed by hormonal maniacs :).

    And yeah, I'm glad you guys all caught on to the idea:). it's fun to read about everyone else's frustrations. lol.

    PS: Haha and then I would have no job.

    ReplyDelete