Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Why, Oh Why?!

I was inspired by Kellie's post to make yet another list. Of all the random/ridiculous/retarded "WHY" questions we ask ourselves. Here goes nothing.

Why...
...do cars sometimes randomly flash their brights at you, even when yours are DEFINITELY turned off?
...do people get frustrated so easily? Yes the pizza I gave you is plain cheese, I'm sorry that it happened to have HALF a mushroom on the tip of it because it was on the same plate as another kind
...is it so hard to find comfortable shoes that are not hideous?
...isn't ice cream is healthy as celery?
...can't all the people I love live in the same city?
...can't things like hair and nails grow to the perfect length and then just stop growing?
...can I never find my chapstick, keys, or cell phone in my purse?
...does my love of dance mean that my feet/toes will forever be deformed?
...do *some people* only have romantic feelings for someone else until the feeling is returned, then lose all interest?
...is the only attractive, single guy that I might possibly want to date/hang out with/kiss this summer NOT mormon, knows I am, and therefore is NOT interested? (confession: the fact that I'm LDS may or may not be the reason for his lack of interest; however, I will continue believing it is, in order to protect my self esteem)
...do the dental hygienists/dentist always try to carry on a conversation with you when their hands are in your mouth the whole time? "uh huh" and "nuh uh" only go so far...


Boo.


Fellow contributors, add your thoughts/unanswered questions to the list!

-LC

6 comments:

  1. these are all very good questions laura! haha...confession, i used to totally be *some people*...i agree completely with the comfortable shoes issue. my solution: buy ugly comfortable shoes and then convince yourself they're cute. that's what we've all been doing on ballroom tour, haha.

    ReplyDelete
  2. good idea! haha "who cares if they are white and velcro and have a really awkwardly-large rubbery heel! So in right now!"




    ps: I am still *some people*, oops. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with the *some people* comment and I have been called a *some people* person by more than one person in my lifetime. =S (No worries Katya)
    The thing I want to know is WHY can't everyone just stinkin get along!? Why are people so gosh awful impatient? Why does everyone want rules in the world but NEVER feel like they should apply to them!????? That one is definitely a pet peeve of mine. I think it comes from working with the Police. OY!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Haha. amen to that, Josh. I think some people just need to RELAX and not be so uptight.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cars sometimes flash their brights if there's a cop up ahead. That way, if you're speeding you can slow down and not get pulled over. You're basically getting hooked up.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think a lot of the times when we think a car is flashing their brights, it is actually going over a bump, and their lights temporarily shine more directly at you. Because I've wondered the same thing before, but noticed that sometimes the "brights" go on and off and on and off, which is actually just them going over a bumpy part of the road. Just a thought. But also what Matt said.

    ReplyDelete