Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Why can't decisions just be easier???

I've been toying with the idea this past week of staying for summer term. I decided to take a leaf out of Laura's book and make a list about staying in Provo or going to West Salem for July and August. I'm interested to hear what you all think.

Provo:
-I could find open dance partners to take lessons with and get lots better
-I could compete at the BYU summer Dancesport with said partners and go to the Nevada Star Ball
-I could work longer and hopefully earn more money than I could at home to help pay for Jerusalem (which is still not sure)
-I could retake gold Latin and take 380
-I could be around longer to spend lots of time with my lovely roommate.... although that's probably just wishful thinking with the whole boyfriend situation
-I want to go home for a little while, but it will get boring after about a month

West Salem:
-I can spend longer than a week or so at home
-I could actually make lots of money doing the 1472903 hours of yard work around my house now that I think about it
-I could probably get my babysitting job back for the third summer in a row. She loves me and I'm old enough and responsible enough to drive her three boys to and from gymnastics and soccer
-Oregon is way cooler than Utah
-I get to see Matt, Callie, Hannah, Kayla, Gwen, Cassie, Lauren, Kim, Sadie, Natalie, Jon, Ricky. Basically people I'm still really close with from highschool
-I get to have a car to drive myself around
-I can possibly go along as an experienced leader on the stake laurel 50 mile hike
-The outdoors in Oregon is the best- and I need camping/backpacking in my summer


Basically my main motivation for staying is dance. Which is what I love, but it's not what life is about. So I think I know my answer, but it's still a hard decision. I wish I could just do both.
Plus I'm pretty sure my parents will just make me come home anyway and not give me a choice.

3 comments:

  1. Oh the joys of decision-making. Now you know how I feel. I'm still happy with the decision I made, and in the end I think it was the best thing to do. But that didn't really make it much easier to leave... Good luck!



    ps: pros and cons lists really work!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. well...you know what i think...:)
    and oh my goodness, it'd be so fun for us to go to the nevada star ball. almost positive i'll be going, depending on the whole partner situation....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hmm... if there is one thing that I think I'm starting to learn from life and making decisions is that often, and by often I mean most of the time, when we have decisions we need to make we already know the right answer. In your case, to me, it sounds like deep down inside you already know what you need to do. I think life is much like what Laura is saying as well; we make the decision that we don't necessarily want as much because we know it's the "right" choice and in the end it turns out to be the true right choice. ... that's what I've learned at least...

    ReplyDelete