Saturday, May 9, 2009

Procrastination

So I've been sitting on my bed for just about the whole day so far- since I woke up at 9:30. I did get up to make pancakes and talked to Travis and Shannon for a few minutes, but that's about it. Basically, I've been watching Scrubs as a way of procrastinating the talk I have to give in Sacrament meeting tomorrow. The talk that I was told about yesterday afternoon. What is so hard about being given a week's notice? I mean, really? "Oh yeah we have church on Sundays, which is two days from now, and that means Sacrament meeting... I should probably call three people and ask them to write a last minute talk to give". Don't get me wrong, I love my bishopric and they've been busier than normal this week because of giving callings, but.... really? Geez. Writing a talk isn't how I want to spend my Saturday. I've read Elder Oaks talk a couple of times and written down a few notes, but that's as far as I am. I don't know how I'm going to get 10 minutes out of this.

And! Of course I've gotten really tired from doing nothing all day (why does that happen?) and I just want to go back to sleep, but I've got my team social at 5 and I have to shower beforehand and I was hoping to have a good amount written by then... so I can't take a nap. Oh joy. And since I have been procrastinating, I'll still have to work on it a ton tonight after the social and then probably just go to bed after that. My life is obviously so exciting these days.

Anyway, it's a good talk. General Conference, April 2009, Elder Oaks, Unselfish Service. Check it out and re-read it.

1 comment:

  1. I've been meaning to tell you but have yet to find the opportunity: Good stinking talk on Sunday Kellie. It really was great. I was impressed. Really enjoyed it.

    ReplyDelete